At Cassidy Hospitality we are committed to environmentally friendly initiatives without compromising the comfort, standards, and enjoyment of our guests.
We recognise the impact of our businesses on the environment and are committed to conducting our business in a way that ensures environmental sustainability for future generations.
We are undertaking the following actions to responsibly lessen our impact on the environment.
Cassidy Hospitality Policy:
- To fully comply with all relevant environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- Management and staff must take into consideration the environmental impact of their actions daily and continually seek to improve our environmental practices.
- To reduce pollution, emissions, waste, and increase the recycling ethos.
- To ensure all new employees are informed about the Cassidy Hospitality sustainable working practices.
- To develop and educate on responsible purchasing methods using where possible local suppliers and only those who maintain ethical practices.
- To implement this policy throughout Cassidy Hospitality ensuring customers are also aware of how to use our products and services in an environmentally friendly way.
Energy Efficiency Measures:
- Annual sustainability audit carried out
- LED lighting has been installed where possible throughout our businesses
- 95% sensor lighting
- 99kW Biomass Boiler
- Solar PV Installed
- Heating via wet radiator circuit with zone valves and individual time controls allow isolation of individual areas when out of use
- Split air conditioning units in areas controlled by an Innotech Building Management System allows for individual section control
- All computers, printers, heat & light are turned off when not in use
- Continually reduce energy consumption
- Provide staff and customers with optimum conditions while minimising building services related wastage i.e., occupied temperatures of 20°C – 24°C.
- Promote energy awareness to staff, contractors, suppliers, and customers.
- Procure energy at the most economic rates available and utilise renewable
sources where possible.
- Maintain all plant and equipment in an energy-led manner, in order
to maximize efficiencies and extend plant life cycles.
- Promote the benefits of Energy Management Best Practice to
associated organisations and suppliers.
- Ensure that all new-builds or extensions incorporate a low carbon design
Water is a scarce resource with a direct impact on our environment. Therefore, its management is essential. We at Cassidy Hospitality have implemented water conservation measure to reduce consumption and costs.
- Water saving devices in toilets, and restrictions for taps, showers and urinal sensor flushing systems
- We are currently reviewing the option of taking water direct from the ground by means of a borehole as opposed to using the mains water
- Continually aim to reduce water consumption
At Cassidy Hospitality we have reviewed the type and quantity of waste identifying ways to dispose of more efficiently, these include:
- Paper, cardboard, plastics, tins, glass are recycled
- Food wastage monitored and reported on monthly including
- Generated Electricity
- Carbon Emissions
- Carbon Savings
- Food wastage month-on-month reports generated and analysed with each business
- Working with suppliers who are environmentally friendly enough to reduce excess packaging and use recycled cardboard and other biodegradable packaging
We at Cassidy Hospitality are committed to reducing pollution of the environment through the business activities, we ensure that:
- Chemicals are biodegradable and environmentally friendly
- Drainage systems are not contaminated
- Proper disposal of grease
- We do everything we can to reduce carbon emissions
The company’s management and its employees are personally and jointly responsible for the full implementation of policy objectives.